Micele's schermafbeelding

Standaard

Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Wapper Bekijk bericht
Bedankt voor de link.
Petrick heeft daar moeite mee.
even c/p:

vr 01/07/2016 - 06:40 Belga Denny Baert

Een man die zijn Tesla-wagen op de zelfrijdende functie had gezet, is gestorven nadat zijn elektrische auto onder een grote vrachtwagen was gereden. Het ongeval gebeurde op 7 mei in de staat Florida, maar de Amerikaanse autoproducent maakte het nieuws nu pas bekend omdat de Amerikaanse toezichthouder op de veiligheid van de snelwegen met een eerste onderzoek is gestart.

Het gaat om het eerste dodelijke ongeval met een Tesla in zelfrijdende functie in ruim 200 miljoen kilometer. Volgens de blogpost gebeurde het ongeval toen een vrachtwagen met oplegger onverwacht een snelweg overstak, vlak voor de Tesla Model S. Door het felle licht merkten de bestuurder noch de sensoren de witte kant van de oplegger op, en waren ze niet in staat te remmen.

Volgens een lokaal medium reed de Tesla onder de grote trailer door, maar raakte het dak van de Tesla de onderkant van de oplegger en werd het dak daardoor van de auto gerukt. Vervolgens moet de auto zijn doorgereden, tot hij uiteindelijk tegen een paal tot stilstand kwam.

Eerder aan botsing ontsnapt**

Joshua Brown, de bestuurder van de auto, was een Tesla-fan die op zijn persoonlijke YouTube-kanaal filmpjes publiceerde waarin hij de Autopilot-functie van zijn auto demonstreerde.

Een maand voor zijn dood zette Brown nog een filmpje online waarin te zien is dat hij met zijn auto ternauwernood aan een botsing ontsnapt was toen een hoogwerker plots op zijn rijstrook kwam rijden. De automatische piloot greep in, stuurde de auto naar links, waardoor een botsing nipt vermeden werd.

Waarschuwingen

Tesla benadrukt dat de automatische piloot van Tesla standaard niet actief is, tenzij de bestuurder zijn toestemming geeft. De bestuurder wordt er ook aan herinnerd de handen op het stuur te houden en zich op elk moment klaar te houden om het stuur over te nemen. De bestuurder blijft ook altijd zelf verantwoordelijk voor ongevallen.

Tesla is een van de autobouwers die bezig is met het testen en ontwikkelen van zelfrijdende wagens, net als Google en zowat alle grote autobouwers. Het is niet de eerste keer dat er een ongeluk gebeurt met een zelfrijdende auto, maar bij eerdere ongelukken bleek dat de fout niet bij de auto lag, maar bij een bestuurder.

- - - - -

Hier wordt een dodehoekongeval (voorrangsnegatie) vermeden door "Tesla-autopilot", video**:
Citaat:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I5rraWJq6E

Tesla Model S autopilot saved the car autonomously from a side collision from a boom lift truck. I was driving down the interstate and you can see the boom lift truck in question on the left side of the screen on a joining interstate road. Once the roads merged, the truck tried to get to the exit ramp on the right and never saw my Tesla. I actually wasn't watching that direction and Tessy (the name of my car) was on duty with autopilot engaged. I became aware of the danger when Tessy alerted me with the "immediately take over" warning chime and the car swerving to the right to avoid the side collision.

You can see where I took over when there's a little bit of blip in the steering. Tessy had already moved to the right to avoid the collision. I was not able to slow down even more due to the heavy traffic (cars were behind me). Once I got behind him I slowly added more room between us until he exited. I was not tail gating after the incident.

It was a mistake on the other driver's part. He did not even know I was there until I honked my horn. There was a group of women in the black sedan to my left and they went nuts about the guy and what he did (all kinds of gesturing in their car). Once I was beside the truck as it slowed down on the ramp, the guy gestured a "sorry!" I gave him, "it's okay" wave.

Tessy did great. I have done a lot of testing with the sensors in the car and the software capabilities. I have always been impressed with the car, but I had not tested the car's side collision avoidance. I am VERY impressed. Excellent job Elon!
Uitleg blog:

Citaat:
https://www.teslamotors.com/nl_BE/bl...ss?redirect=no

A Tragic Loss

The Tesla Team 30 juni 2016

We learned yesterday evening that NHTSA is opening a preliminary evaluation into the performance of Autopilot during a recent fatal crash that occurred in a Model S. This is the first known fatality in just over 130 million miles where Autopilot was activated. Among all vehicles in the US, there is a fatality every 94 million miles. Worldwide, there is a fatality approximately every 60 million miles. It is important to emphasize that the NHTSA action is simply a preliminary evaluation to determine whether the system worked according to expectations.

Following our standard practice, Tesla informed NHTSA about the incident immediately after it occurred. What we know is that the vehicle was on a divided highway with Autopilot engaged when a tractor trailer drove across the highway perpendicular to the Model S. Neither Autopilot nor the driver noticed the white side of the tractor trailer against a brightly lit sky, so the brake was not applied. The high ride height of the trailer combined with its positioning across the road and the extremely rare circumstances of the impact caused the Model S to pass under the trailer, with the bottom of the trailer impacting the windshield of the Model S. Had the Model S impacted the front or rear of the trailer, even at high speed, its advanced crash safety system would likely have prevented serious injury as it has in numerous other similar incidents.

It is important to note that Tesla disables Autopilot by default and requires explicit acknowledgement that the system is new technology and still in a public beta phase before it can be enabled. When drivers activate Autopilot, the acknowledgment box explains, among other things, that Autopilot “is an assist feature that requires you to keep your hands on the steering wheel at all times," and that "you need to maintain control and responsibility for your vehicle” while using it. Additionally, every time that Autopilot is engaged, the car reminds the driver to “Always keep your hands on the wheel. Be prepared to take over at any time.” The system also makes frequent checks to ensure that the driver's hands remain on the wheel and provides visual and audible alerts if hands-on is not detected. It then gradually slows down the car until hands-on is detected again.

We do this to ensure that every time the feature is used, it is used as safely as possible. As more real-world miles accumulate and the software logic accounts for increasingly rare events, the probability of injury will keep decreasing. Autopilot is getting better all the time, but it is not perfect and still requires the driver to remain alert. Nonetheless, when used in conjunction with driver oversight, the data is unequivocal that Autopilot reduces driver workload and results in a statistically significant improvement in safety when compared to purely manual driving.

The customer who died in this crash had a loving family and we are beyond saddened by their loss. He was a friend to Tesla and the broader EV community, a person who spent his life focused on innovation and the promise of technology and who believed strongly in Tesla’s mission. We would like to extend our deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

Laatst gewijzigd door Micele : 1 juli 2016 om 21:00.
Micele is offline   Met citaat antwoorden