Discussie: echt arm zijn is!!!
Los bericht bekijken
Oud 3 januari 2018, 13:34   #4846
eno2
Banneling

Standaard

Op een internationaal forum in een topic dat over checks and balances ging in the States, kreeg ik een bericht van een Amerikaan omdat ik iets negatiefs moet gezegd hebben over de Amerikaanse Droom:

Citaat:
Message: …You don't seem to like the rich but they are the people who hand out thousands of jobs and contribute millions to the economy.
My Answer:. Which can come at an enormous social cost when not well and wisely regulated.
They are also the people who evade taxes and have the lobbying power and enough clout on party's and Congressman & Senators to reduce the taxes they are not able to duck. And the power to ditch wise and most needed regulation. I very much like the rich with a personal social conscience and corporate social responsibility. I do not like the ideology of a party or a government that leaves people to their own resources which they don't have and who do not have the means of bettering their situation. Again: there are 41 million people in the USA who officially live in poverty.
Of those, 9 million have zero cash income – they do not receive a cent in sustenance.
The pursuit of happiness has proven to be not much more than a subterfuge for many unscrupulous capitalists for enriching themselves beyond limits.
A constitution should guaranty and implement the freedom from abysmal and abject poverty, before conceding limitless accumulation and inequality to the rich. Especially in the richest countries on earth. .That would indeed be an interesting feat of checks and balances; not on power but on limitless accumulation and poverty.
eno2 is offline   Met citaat antwoorden