Los bericht bekijken
Oud 4 november 2017, 11:39   #1
mvd
Minister-President

mvd's schermafbeelding

Standaard Bekentenis: Democratische voorverkiezingen vervalst in voordeel van Clinton

De bekentenis komt van Donna Brazile, interimvoorzitter van de Democratische Partij ten tijde van de voorverkiezingen.

Eerder dit jaar had ze al bekend dat ze vragen uit de debatten had doorgespeeld aan de Clinton-campagne (iets wat ze aanvankelijk ontkende):

"My job was to make all our Democratic candidates look good, and I worked closely with both campaigns to make that happen," she said. "But sending those emails was a mistake I will forever regret."

Nu levert ze in haar boek ook bewijs van de manier waarop Clinton de DNC de facto bestuurde gedurende de voorverkiezingen. Simpel gezegd: Clinton sponsorde de DNC en in ruil daarvoor kreeg ze alle macht over benoemingen, de organisatie van de voorverkiezingen, enz.. + ze streek het geld op dat bedoeld was voor de uiteindelijke kandidaat, een jaar voor ze een meerderheid van de gedelegeerden achter zich had.

Citaat:
an August 2015 document outlining the “Joint Fund-Raising Agreement between the D.N.C., the Hillary Victory Fund, and Hillary for America” that effectively allowed Clinton to control the D.N.C.’s purse strings.
Citaat:
The agreement—signed by Amy Dacey, the former C.E.O. of the D.N.C., and Robby Mook with a copy to Marc Elias—specified that in exchange for raising money and investing in the D.N.C., Hillary would control the party’s finances, strategy, and all the money raised. Her campaign had the right of refusal of who would be the party communications director, and it would make final decisions on all the other staff. The D.N.C. also was required to consult with the campaign about all other staffing, budgeting, data, analytics, and mailings.
Conversatie tussen Brazile en Gary Gensler, the chief financial officer of Hillary’s campaign:

Citaat:
Individuals who had maxed out their $2,700 contribution limit to the campaign could write an additional check for $353,400 to the Hillary Victory Fund—that figure represented $10,000 to each of the 32 states’ parties who were part of the Victory Fund agreement—$320,000—and $33,400 to the D.N.C. The money would be deposited in the states first, and transferred to the D.N.C. shortly after that. Money in the battleground states usually stayed in that state, but all the other states funneled that money directly to the D.N.C., which quickly transferred the money to Brooklyn.

“Wait,” I said. “That victory fund was supposed to be for whoever was the nominee, and the state party races. You’re telling me that Hillary has been controlling it since before she got the nomination?

Gary said the campaign had to do it or the party would collapse.

“That was the deal that Robby struck with Debbie,” he explained, referring to campaign manager Robby Mook. “It was to sustain the D.N.C. We sent the party nearly $20 million from September until the convention, and more to prepare for the election.”
Citaat:
The questionable nature of the Hillary Victory Fund was no secret during the Democratic primary. As details of the arrangement emerged in the spring of 2016, the joint fund-raising effort drew a great deal of scrutiny from the Sanders camp, the Vermont senator’s supporters, and the state party committees that signed on. In July, hacked e-mails released by WikiLeaks revealed that party officials and the Clinton campaign sought to bury the particulars of the deal and tamp down criticism directed at the fund.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...bernie-sanders
mvd is offline   Met citaat antwoorden