Los bericht bekijken
Oud 28 april 2017, 07:01   #79
Peche
Banneling

Standaard

Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Het Oosten Bekijk bericht
We hebben het wel in het N.T. over 'Jezus'. Niet over 'Emmanuel'. Kom tot bezinning. Het is nooit te laat.
In ancient times names were often given as representations of the hopes and dreams of the parents or even of recognition of divine assistance. Names in the Old Testament had understandable meanings. For example: Abram means "exalted father," but Abraham means "Father of a multitude." Some names could even be translated into complete sentences as in Uzziel (‘God is my strength’--Ex. 6:18), Adoniram (‘my lord is exalted’--1 Kings 4:6), and Ahimelek (‘my [divine] brother is king’--1 Sam. 21:1).2
Names are more descriptive in the Hebrew and Greek than they are in English. They often refer to the character, purpose, etc., of the one being named. The closest we come to understanding this is in Native American culture. We are familiar with such names as "Running Bear," or "Pretty Eagle, "or "White Owl" as names. These names meant something and were far more descriptive than "Bob," or "Tom," or "Sue."

https://carm.org/jesus-name-immanuel-or-jesus

Hebreeuwse vertalingen dien je wel maximaal te expanderen. En dan vooral met een voorspelling. Ze hebben het beest ook niet letterlijk de islam genoemd he. Maar het Griekse symbool voor het beest en het logo van de islam zijn opvallend gelijkaardig.
Immanual betekent God is met ons en daarom is de ezelsbrug naar Jezus snel gemaakt.

Laatst gewijzigd door Peche : 28 april 2017 om 07:12.
Peche is offline   Met citaat antwoorden