Los bericht bekijken
Oud 16 maart 2017, 12:29   #11
eno2
Banneling

Standaard

Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Elio di Supo Bekijk bericht
Wilhelm Reich, de bedenker van de orgonen-theorie. Hij geloofde o.m. dat de energie die vrijkomt tijdens orgasmes van dien aard was dat het zelfs kanker kon genezen. Daarnaast vond hij ook allerlei curiosa uit zoals de cloud-buster waarvan hij beweerde dat hij met dit tuig het kon laten regenen naar believen.
Interesting case. Certainly very "unhinged"

As he was much "en vogue" in 1968, I read a fair amount on Reich. Nothing important to me it seems, because I forgot it all.
Citaat:
In 1940 he started building orgone accumulators, devices that his patients sat inside to harness the reputed health benefits, leading to newspaper stories about sex boxes that cured cancer.[14]

Following two critical articles about him in The New Republic and Harper's in 1947, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration obtained an injunction against the interstate shipment of orgone accumulators and associated literature, believing they were dealing with a "fraud of the first magnitude."[15] Charged with contempt in 1956 for having violated the injunction, Reich was sentenced to two years' imprisonment, and that summer over six tons of his publications were burned by order of the court.[n 2] He died in prison of heart failure just over a year later, days before he was due to apply for parole.[18]
Wiki.
One of the few authors in democracies who's work got the publicity of being massively burned.
eno2 is offline   Met citaat antwoorden