Los bericht bekijken
Oud 13 juni 2017, 21:21   #52
Micele
Secretaris-Generaal VN

Micele's schermafbeelding

Standaard

Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Johan Daelemans Bekijk bericht
Zolang alles correct verloopt zal brand worden voorkomen.
Perfect dus maar dat is echter het punt niet.
Elke brand van een E-wagen bewijst dat alle pogingen om een kortsluiting te vermijden hebben gefaald. Heel eenvoudig omdat er anders geen brand uitbreekt.
De grote vraag is wat er daarna gebeurd.

We zien telkens dat de brandweer niet tussenbeide komt omdat het gevaar oplevert voor de manschappen. Ik zie daar een groot probleem.
Je valt in herhaling er kan geen kortsluiting zijn.
Wel eerder vonken door impact - metaal op metaal - die het solvent van een beschadigd of opengebroken accupack in de fik kunnen zetten. Zoals men kan vinden op wikipedia, van een heel goed gedocumenteerd geval.
https://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/29/b...tomobiles&_r=1
En de verbetering die Tesla aanbracht, met testen en video van de titanium bodemplaat:
Citaat:
https://www.tesla.com/nl_BE/blog/tes...-s?redirect=no
Tesla voegt titanium bodemplaat en aluminium deflectorplaten toe aan Model S
Dus stop nu toch eens met zeiken over "een kortsluiting".

En maak je nu eens geen zorg over de brandweer, die worden daarvoor uitvoerig opgeleid. Bij fossiele autos is er zeker meer gevaar.

Echt zielig jouw schrik voor een beetje spanning. Nog nooit aan een analoge TV gewerkt? Laat je daar de prise steken als je aan de CRT gaat friemelen?

Enkele fotos voor airbags die opengaan bij een impact Tesla X, dus de allereerste airbag onderbreekt de stroomtoevoer al:

En deze kwam er ook levend uit, enkel een stijve nek... en sowieso geen brand, nochtans enorme schade:
Een zware pick-up die er zijdelings inknalde
https://electrek.co/2017/03/27/tesla...ot-crash-semi/

When looking at the picture above, you would think that it’s the aftermath of a fatal accident, but the Tesla Model X driver actually walked out of it with “no injuries aside from a stiff neck”. He credited the vehicle’s safety for saving his life, but he also blamed the Autopilot for what he claims was “driving full speed into the back of a semi”.

It’s actually a little more complicated than that.

After the accident, which happened last Thursday in California, the owner of a Model X P90D with first generation Autopilot posted his account of the crash on Facebook:

“There was a pickup truck that was out of gas in the right lane (lights were either dim or off, and give the night, was hard to see). A semi was pulling up onto it, saw it, braked and swerved into my middle lane. Autopilot did not disengage, but did the emergency beep about 1 second before impact. I was looking off to the side, and impacted the truck immediately after I heard the beep and looked forward.”

As usual, the driver is always responsible for monitoring the vehicle when Autopilot is engaged and should always be ready to take control. In this case, the driver admitted that he wasn’t looking forward at the time of the crash.

The purpose of the Autopilot’s main feature, Autosteer, is to keep the vehicle in its lane, which is exactly what it did during the accident. What could have prevented or reduced the force of the impact are the Automatic Emergency Braking or Steering features, but they only engage if it’s the only option. In this case, it would have likely required to move to the left lane, which could have also been dangerous.

The “emergency beep” he referenced was the collision warning.

And continued with his account:

The bottom of the semi went straight into my passenger seat (luckily no one was there) and broke off the headrest as well as the entire roof. Miraculously, I came out of the accident with no injuries aside from a stiff neck.”

Miraculously indeed. It looks like the bulk of the damages stopped inches away from the driver’s seat, which fortunately was the only occupied seat in the vehicle.

He ended his account of the event with a warning to Autopilot users:

“The autopilot caused me to drive full speed into the back of a semi, but the amazing safety ratings saved my life. While I’m grateful that I’m alive, I just want to put this on notice to not get overly comfortable with the autopilot and that there are still many flaws and unaccountable situations.”

That’s an interesting statement. He is right that users should be careful not to get too comfortable. Tesla CEO Elon Musk disclosed that they have more problem with “expert users” getting too comfortable with the system than new users who are just learning how to use it.

Where things get more complicated is when he says that it’s a “flaw” and blames the Autopilot for crashing into the semi. That is only valid if the Autopilot was a level 3+ autonomous driving system, but it’s not. It’s a level 2 driver assist system and its purpose is not to avoid those kinds of accidents. It can help avoid them sometimes and some data shows that it reduces the crash rate by ~40%, but you cannot rely on it to avoid them altogether.

Nonetheless, it serves as a good reminder not to get too comfortable. We can start talking about putting responsibilities on the system and getting comfortable with the next generation of autonomous driving systems, like maybe with some upcoming software updates on Tesla’s next generation Autopilot. In the meantime, stay safe.

- - - - - -

En jij zeikt nog over een kortsluiting? Waar dan wel op die laatste foto?
Welke brandweer ? Welke brand?

Laatst gewijzigd door Micele : 13 juni 2017 om 21:45.
Micele is offline   Met citaat antwoorden