Politics.be Registreren kan je hier.
Problemen met registreren of reageren op de berichten?
Een verloren wachtwoord?
Gelieve een mail te zenden naar [email protected] met vermelding van je gebruikersnaam.

Ga terug   Politics.be > Themafora > Maatschappij en samenleving
Registreer FAQForumreglement Ledenlijst

Maatschappij en samenleving Dit subforum handelt over zaken die leven binnen de maatschappij en in die zin politiek relevant (geworden) zijn.

Antwoord

Discussietools
Oud 10 juni 2005, 15:47   #1
/\|cazar
Banneling

/\|cazar's schermafbeelding

Standaard Olie en Goud: interessant artikeltje !

http://www.kitco.com/ind/vaughn/jun102005.html

Waarmee ik niet wil aangeven dat ik een volgeling van doemdenkend oliepiekland, maar toch ... interessante investeringstip als je het mij vraagt ...[edit]
[size=1]Edit:[/size]
[size=1]After edit by /\|cazar on 10-06-2005 at 16:50
Reason:
--------------------------------

http://www.kitco.com/ind/vaughn/jun102005.html

Waarmee ik niet wil aangeven dat ik een volgeling van doemdenkend oliepiekland, maar toch ... interessante investeringstip als je het mij vraagt ...[/size]

[size=1]Before any edits, post was:

Oil & Gold!

By David Vaughn
June 10, 2005

[font=Arial]www.goldletterdv.com[/font]

[font=Arial][/font] [font=Arial]First, let’s ask ourselves, “How is the world of gold going?” The following is a nice interesting bit of prophetic news from [/font][font=Arial]Pierre Lassonde.[/font]

Newmont sees $US525 gold price by Jan

“The price of gold should rise to $525 an ounce by the start of 2006, a top executive of gold giant Newmont Mining Corp. said on Thursday.” “Pierre Lassonde, president of the world's largest gold mining company, cited an expected decline in the U.S. dollar by another 15 per cent against a basket of currencies, world economic growth strong enough to keep physical demand buoyant and a continuing gradual decline in gold output.” The Sydney Morning Herald, 6-10-2005

And?

“Speaking at the Reuters Mining Summit, Lassonde said consumer and investor demand for gold is tenacious at current prices and world production is in a decline, which should hoist gold out of a current "$400 to $475 range." "When you add it up, we think you can see gold at $525 by Jan '06," he said to reporters at Reuters offices in New York.” "The physical market is very strong at these prices. There is enormous demand," Lassonde said.” The Sydney Morning Herald, 6-10-2005

[font=Arial]These are valid & positive fundemental facts about gold, but at the moment who really cares, right? But lets talk a bit about oil now as that has caught a lot of attention recently. Interesting subject & one that should become even more interesting as the years progress. I suppose the question foremost on everyone’s mind is just how much of the blasted stuff there is left out there.[/font]

From one side of the camp I hear how we have at least 30 or so years left before “peak” production is reached so let our kids worry about the future problem. From the other side of the camp I hear that even if we run out tomorrow no problem! Mother Necessity will just push us forward to come up with something else with nary a bump in our comfortable road.

I love studying history & what I continue to notice & observe is the extreme confidence our generation has today. After all, we have been blessed with almost 25 years of prosperity & every bump along the way we have just sailed right over. But the fun always is to spot the changing “trend” in the wind & some how my instinct tells me these next 25 years will be significantly different & more challenging than the last 25.

First of all we will soon not have Alan around anymore in just another 6 months or so. Has any one any where really contemplated what type of world this will be without Alan Greenspan & his famous bubble baths? But, anyway, let’s get back to the subject of oil.

And will cheap & plentiful oil be available for our children’s future?

"As the 21st century opens, the energy sector is in a critical condition. A crisis could erupt at any time…” “The world is currently close to utilizing all of its available global oil production capacity, raising the chances of an oil supply crisis with more substantial consequences than seen in three decades." US Council on Foreign Relations

When I was younger I used to think I had all the answers. But as I get older I realize just how ignorant I really am.

Any of you out there raising children? Probably the greatest mystery on this earth is how to raise these little buggers & still maintain your sanity at the end of the day. And the older they get the closer they come to that dreaded time of puberty & that horror of horrors – teenager. If any of you out there has all this figured out let me know.

Goldman Sachs recently has suggested the possibility of a "super spike" in oil prices to as high as $105 per barrel.

“LONDON (Reuters) – Oil markets have entered a ``super-spike’’ period that could see 1970’s-style price surges as high as $105 a barrel, investment bank Goldman Sachs said in a research report.” ``We believe oil markets may have entered the early stages of what we have referred to as a ``super spike’’ period – a multi-year trading band of oil prices high enough to meaningfully reduce energy consumption and recreate a spare capacity cushion only after which will lower energy prices return,’’ Goldman’s analysts wrote.” Energy Bulletin, MSN Money, Reuters, April 2005

And just what is the definition of "peak oil”?

“Peak oil” represents the point at which half the total known easily recoverable oil has been consumed & after this point is reached then oil production enters into an irreversible decline.

[font=Verdana]"This could very well be a signal that world oil production is rapidly approaching its peak, as a growing number of analysts now forecast, especially in view of the diminishing prospects for major new oil discoveries." [/font]ODAC, The Oil Depletion Analysis Centre, 11-19-2004

The debate over oil will only continue to intensify. In the face of higher oil prices a “downshift” in global growth is already under way. The surge in oil prices has been driven almost entirely by very strong growth in demand worldwide & will likely continue.

We were speaking about children a few words back & I came across the following interesting news involving past kid presidential contenders in school.

“…newly released records show that Bush and Kerry had a virtually identical grade average at Yale University four decades ago.” “He (Kerry) received four D's in his freshman year out of 10 courses…” ''I always told my Dad that “D” stood for distinction…" John Kerry, By Michael Kranish, Globe Staff, Boston Globe, 6-7-2005

I always thought “D” stood for dumb.

<B>“WASHINGTON - The Fed chief said the "dramatic rise" in oil and natural gas futures prices in recent years carried the potential to <SPAN style="TEXT-TRANSFORM: uppercase; COLOR: red">"significantly affect the long-term path of the[/size]
[/edit]

Laatst gewijzigd door /\|cazar : 10 juni 2005 om 15:50.
/\|cazar is offline   Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 10 juni 2005, 20:48   #2
Mephisto
Minister

Mephisto's schermafbeelding

Standaard

Klinkt als een goudpiek, van 300 jaar geleden, die nu wordt ingezet als troef?
En dan nog.. van $426 naar $525 in 7 maanden.. Dat is een winst 'van niks'..[edit]
[size=1]Edit:[/size]
[size=1]After edit by Mephisto on 10-06-2005 at 21:58
Reason:

Klinkt als een goudpiek, van 300 jaar geleden, die nu wordt ingezet als troef?
En dan nog.. van $426 naar $525 in 7 maanden.. Dat is een winst 'van niks'..[/size]

[size=1]Before any edits, post was:

Klinkt als een goudpiek, van 300 jaar geleden, die nu wordt ingezet als troef?[/size]
[/edit]

Laatst gewijzigd door Mephisto : 10 juni 2005 om 20:58.
Mephisto is offline   Met citaat antwoorden
Antwoord

Regels voor berichten
Je mag niet nieuwe discussies starten
Je mag niet reageren op berichten
Je mag niet bijlagen versturen
Je mag niet jouw berichten bewerken

vB-code is Aan
Smileys zijn Aan
[IMG]-code is Aan
HTML-code is Uit
Forumnavigatie

Alle tijden zijn GMT +1. Het is nu 12:20.

Forumsoftware: vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content copyright ©2002 - 2020, Politics.be