PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Robert M. Bowman vraagt leger bevelen rond aanval Iran te negeren

KrisKras
19 september 2007, 17:53
Een klein stukje uit zijn tekst:

Our oath of office is to “protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.” Might I suggest that this includes a rogue president and vice-president? Certainly we are bound to carry out the legal orders of our superiors. But the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) which binds all of us enshrines the Nuremberg Principles which this country established after World War II (which you are too young to remember). One of those Nuremberg Principles says that we in the military have not only the right, but also the DUTY to refuse an illegal order. It was on this basis that we executed Nazi officers who were “only carrying out their orders.”
The Constitution which we are sworn to uphold says that treaties entered into by the United States are the “highest law of the land,” equivalent to the Constitution itself. Accordingly, we in the military are sworn to uphold treaty law, including the United Nations charter and the Geneva Convention.
Based on the above, I contend that should some civilian order you to initiate a nuclear attack on Iran (for example), you are duty-bound to refuse that order. I might also suggest that you should consider whether the circumstances demand that you arrest whoever gave the order as a war criminal.

Lees alles hier (http://dandelionsalad.wordpress.com/2007/09/14/preventing-a-rogue-president-from-committing-a-war-crime-open-letter-to-the-new-generation-of-military-officers-by-lt-col-robert-m-bowman/)