Oud 4 april 2009, 18:13   #4
Valentine Julien
Burgemeester

Stuur een bericht via Skype™ naar Valentine Julien
Standaard

http://www.jewishvoiceforpeace.org/p...cle_1146.shtml

a message from Rabbi Lynn Gottlieb

Dear valentine,

I am member of Jewish Voice for Peace because I believe Jews have a special role to play in bringing about a change in American and Israeli policy. The Israeli government claims to act in the name of the Jewish people. It is up to us to make sure the world knows that growing numbers of Jews, as well as our friends and allies, are opposed to Israeli actions we all know to be wrong..

More importantly, as long as legitimate criticism of Israel is blocked by accusations of anti-Semitism, it is the responsibility of Jews committed to universal justice to speak up.

Militarism destroys at a higher rate than the seeds of justice arise. Some think that those who speak out against Israeli militarism are putting the Jewish community in danger. I disagree. The struggle for restorative justice for the Palestinian people is what is needed for both peoples. Neither Palestinians nor Israelis can know security and peace without it.

In April, a large number of people of faith and conscience will raise voices demanding an end to the use of US money to destroy Palestinian homes, build illegal settlements, and rain phosphorous on the heads of Gazan men, women and children. JVP is part of this effort, and you will hear more in the coming weeks.

We must find the inner courage to soften our hearts and seek an authentic peace based on justice and love for both Palestinians and Israelis.

Laatst gewijzigd door Valentine Julien : 4 april 2009 om 18:14.
Valentine Julien is offline   Met citaat antwoorden