Los bericht bekijken
Oud 25 april 2016, 19:16   #14788
Wapper
Perm. Vertegenwoordiger VN

Wapper's schermafbeelding

Standaard

Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Micele Bekijk bericht
En wanneer ga je nu eens tekeningen tonen van serieuze websites?

Of ben je permanent in negeermodus?

Of ben je een van typetjes die zelfs John E. Mack voor zweefkezen uitmaken?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_E._Mack
Lees jij eigenlijk zelf de inhoud van je links?
Waar zegt Mack dat aliens/UFO's bestaan?
Waar zegt/gelooft Mack dat ontvoeringen door marsmannetjes reeel zijn?
Hij vindt het allemaal vreemd en mysterieus, en dat is het dan ongeveer.

Uit uw eigen Wiki link. Veel bruikbaars om mee terug te schieten, ik moest er niet zelf achter gaan zoeken

Citaat:
Mack was somewhat more guarded in his investigations and interpretations of the abduction phenomenon than were earlier researchers. Literature professor Terry Matheson writes that "On balance, Mack does present as fair-minded an account as has been encountered to date, at least as these abduction narratives go."[4] In a 1994 interview, Jeffrey Mishlove stated that Mack seemed "inclined to take these [abduction] reports at face value". Mack replied by saying "Face value I wouldn't say. I take them seriously. I don't have a way to account for them."[5] Similarly, the BBC quoted Mack as saying, "I would never say, yes, there are aliens taking people. [But] I would say there is a compelling powerful phenomenon here that I can't account for in any other way, that's mysterious. Yet I can't know what it is but it seems to me that it invites a deeper, further inquiry."[6]

Mack noted that there was a worldwide history of visionary experiences, especially in pre-industrial societies. One example is the vision quest common to some Native American cultures. Only fairly recently in Western culture, notes Mack, have such visionary events been interpreted as aberrations or as mental illness. Mack suggested that abduction accounts might best be considered as part of this larger tradition of visionary encounters.

His interest in the spiritual or transformational aspects of people's alien encounters, and his suggestion that the experience of alien contact itself may be more transcendent than physical in nature—yet nonetheless real—set him apart from many of his contemporaries, such as Budd Hopkins, who advocated the physical reality of aliens.

His later research broadened into the general consideration of the merits of an expanded notion of reality, one which allows for experiences that may not fit the Western materialist paradigm, yet deeply affect people's lives. His second (and final) book on the alien encounter experience, Passport to the Cosmos: Human Transformation and Alien Encounters (1999), was as much a philosophical treatise connecting the themes of spirituality and modern worldviews as it was the culmination of his work with the "experiencers" of alien encounters, to whom the book is dedicated.
Wapper is offline   Met citaat antwoorden