Los bericht bekijken
Oud 17 augustus 2017, 12:24   #3419
morte-vivante
Eur. Commissievoorzitter

morte-vivante's schermafbeelding

Standaard

Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door vlijmscherp Bekijk bericht
ondertussen maakt Bannon een U-turn die ongezien is, hij noemt extreem-rechts clowns, losers en nog wat fraais, notabene in een interview bij een links magazine:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...interview.html
heb je eigenlijk de oorspronkelijke publicatie gelezen?

Over de Koreaanse crisis:
Citaat:
Bannon said he might consider a deal in which China got North Korea to freeze its nuclear buildup with verifiable inspections and the United States removed its troops from the peninsula, but such a deal seemed remote.
Citaat:
“There’s no military solution [to North Korea’s nuclear threats], forget it. Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us.”
over de handelsoorlog met China:
Citaat:
To me,” Bannon said, “the economic war with China is everything. And we have to be maniacally focused on that. If we continue to lose it, we're five years away, I think, ten years at the most, of hitting an inflection point from which we'll never be able to recover.”
Citaat:
“I’m changing out people at East Asian Defense; I’m getting hawks in.
Citaat:
Bannon explained that his strategy is to battle the trade doves inside the administration while building an outside coalition of trade hawks that includes left as well as right.
over etno-nationalisten (niet far right, niet white nationalists):
Citaat:
“Ethno-nationalism—it's losers. It's a fringe element. I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, uh, help crush it more.”
Persoonlijk denk ik dat hij hier gelijk heeft. Hun aantallen zijn verwaarloosbaar klein (ook al mogen ze zeer vocaal zijn), en door de massale media-aandacht worden deze elementen disproportioneel uitvergroot. Verder lijkt hij elke vorm van etno-nationalisme te veroordelen, niet enkel de white nationalists.
Citaat:
“The Democrats,” he said, “the longer they talk about identity politics, I got ’em. I want them to talk about racism every day. If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats.”
en daar gaan we Bannon op kunnen afrekenen, te beginnen al met de midterms volgend jaar

http://prospect.org/article/steve-bannon-unrepentant