Los bericht bekijken
Oud 10 juni 2022, 21:30   #97
Bach
Perm. Vertegenwoordiger VN

Bach's schermafbeelding

Standaard

Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Voltian Bekijk bericht
Putin: “President Vladimir Putin: There is no in-between, no intermediate state: either a country is #sovereign, or it is a #colony, no matter what the colonies are called. And a colony has no historical prospects.

If a country is not able to make sovereign decisions - it's a colony.”

https://twitter.com/mfa_russia/statu...g4emK3LIxjmAlw

Als ik leider zou zijn van een ex-sovjet staat, ik zou toch even fronsen nu…

Als men het hele stuk leest van wat Putin zei (als deel van een 2 uur durend gesprek) over souvereiniteit klinkt het minder imperialistisch dan de indruk die men kan geven door out of context cherry picking:

Citaat:
Putin:

We are living in an era of change, that is obvious to everyone, everyone understands that. Geopolitical changes are taking place, but also scientific and technological changes. The world is changing, and changing fast. In order to claim a leadership role - I'm not even talking about a global leadership role, but a leadership role in at least something - a country, a people, an ethnic group must guarantee its sovereignty. Because there is nothing in between, no state in between: Either a country is sovereign or it is a colony, no matter what you call the colony.

I'm not going to give examples now so as not to upset anyone, but if a country, or a group of countries, is unable to make sovereign decisions, it is already a colony, as we know. And a colony has no historical perspective, no chance of surviving in such a tough geopolitical struggle. That's the way it's always been - I just want that to be understood - so that we don't look at what's happening around us and to us and then say with our mouths open, "Oh my goodness!" It's always been like that, you see, and Russia has always been the spearhead of events.

There were periods in the history of our country when we had to take a step back, but only to gather our strength and move forward, to focus and move forward.

And sovereignty in the modern sense - in principle it always has been, but today it is particularly obvious - is made up of several components.

There is military sovereignty, and here it is of course important to be able to make sovereign decisions in domestic and foreign policy to ensure security.

The second component is economic sovereignty: to develop in such a way that the basic areas of development, in terms of critical technologies and what ensures the viability of society and the state, are not dependent on anyone.

In the modern world, technological sovereignty and, of course, social sovereignty are extremely important. What do I mean by that? It is the ability of a society to consolidate itself for solving national problems, it is the respect for its own history, its own culture, its own language, for the people living in a common territory. This consolidation of society is one of the most important and fundamental conditions for development. If there is no such consolidation, everything falls apart.

I have mentioned these components of sovereignty - you can name more, these are the basic things - and it is obvious that they are all interrelated. I have listed them: first, second, third, fourth. You can also reverse the order and start with the last and then continue with any point. Why? Because you can't have one without the other. How do you achieve external security without, say, technological capabilities, technological sovereignty? It is impossible.

Without the capabilities of our science and industry, we would never have had hypersonic weapons. Never! And you know, it is only when you are confronted with it that you understand. When we got the hypersonic weapons, I asked for a list of the developers to give them awards - I have already told you this publicly and I am telling you again now - and they brought me a thick folder. I started leafing through it and there were no names in it, but companies, design offices and research institutes. To be honest, even I was surprised. I asked, "What have you brought me?" He said if I crossed out even one, the rockets would not have been developed. Thousands of people worked on it, you see? Thousands! It was then that I realised the depth and potential of our defence industry.

The same goes for the economy as a whole. If the economy limps, sneezes and coughs, that's it. What consolidation of society can there be then? And if there is no consolidation, then there is nothing at all.

In order to use all this effectively, in order to have and use all this, of course we have to solve the basic tasks - the demographic task, that is health, environment, science, education, which is very important.

You know, I was talking to the Patriarch once, we were talking about education, and he said to me: education is very important, it is a key, but without education nothing works, because you can teach a person something, but how he will use the fruits of his knowledge - that is the crucial question.

These are extremely important things: Science, education, health care, because without them the demographic problems cannot be solved and so on. And culture? If we do not base ourselves on the fundamental values of the national cultures of the peoples of Russia, there will be no consolidation of society. If there is no consolidation, everything will fall apart in the first place. And the fact that we have to defend ourselves, so to speak, fight for it - that's obvious.
Maar ja....zo klinkt een imperialistische zot niet hè. Dus dat schrappen we.
Trouwens. Israël bombardeerde de internationale luchthaven van Damascus eerder vandaag. Ook iets van gelezen, gezien of gehoord?

Laatst gewijzigd door Bach : 10 juni 2022 om 21:42.
Bach is offline   Met citaat antwoorden