Los bericht bekijken
Oud 20 februari 2019, 22:45   #12
bembem
Secretaris-Generaal VN

bembem's schermafbeelding

Standaard

It's gonna be tough indeed. Bad times coming for quite some farangs.
Hier nog een die het opgeeft:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/108...e-usa/page/11/

Citaat:
I messed up and married a couple of western gold diggers and they cleaned out most my savings. I have a history of picking the wrong women. That's why my savings is blown.

So, I'm a pretty tough guy. I hooked up with 8 other retirees, some police and some Vietnam veterans and in 2016 trekked to the Mt. Everest Base Camp in Nepal. It about killed me, but I did it.

I'm not one to give up easily, but in all honesty I'm just tired. The whole deal with retiring to Thailand just wore me out. I think I had this illusion I'd come to Thailand, get my retirement visa and just relax and chill. It just did not hold that way.

One person asked me about being stopped by immigration police? When that happened, I asked the officer that spoke excellent English what was going on. There were about 8 of them, they had wireless notebook computers and he told me they have teams that will setup around Bangkok at known farrang apartmen and start checking for Visa violations. I doubt he just made that up, but if no one else has experienced that, maybe I just had bad luck that morning. Bottom line, it did not leave me with a warm and fuzzy.

My next experience was when I went for my first 90 day report. The female IO asked me where my TM30 was. I did not even know what a TM30 was. So she starts in on how my visa can be revoked because I have not had my landlord file a TM30 for me when I rented my first apartment in Bangkok. The IO gave be a bunch of forms, told me to get my landlord to fill them out and come back the next day with them all completed and bring a 5,000 baht fine, or I'd be in trouble. This is not what I considered relaxing.

I called my landlord, she said she never heard of a TM30 before, but met me and filled out the paperwork, only gave me half if the fine and I'm back at immigration again. It's not an easy deal to get from from where I lived up to the immigration offices.

I knew no one in Bangkok except a few people, and none of this was sitting very well for me. I did not know about TV yet.

So I get through all that, and then I start to read about the changes. In all honesty, this is not what I signed up for. My bad, I got it. But with all that, I still met my girlfriend. OMG. I have never been treated with so much affection and love by a western woman. If not for her, I think I would have said enough, and gone somewhere else. So as I have admitted. I missed some important items, the big one medical insurance. Regardless of what one thing finally pushed me to say, I'm done, I need a break, reconsider my decisions, learn from them and move forward. One thing I have appreciated from all who have written, is if I want to live as an expatriate somewhere for sometime, I am wiser to be only 8 or 9 hours away by air then 30 or 40 hours away if I needed USA medical care.

The other is perhaps I'll continue my travels, I do have all the logistics now in place, but unless another reason comes up, just plan to finish out in the USA. A small cabin in the mountains sounds pretty good.

One other person asked me to please let everyone know what I decide. I will do that. I've only been back for less then 48 hours so rest and and getting clear on all this is important.

That's it. I'll make some decisions in the next week, and in a month I'll have a new plan. I do know this much. On the risk analysis, I won't be coming back to Thailand, except as a tourist. I don't think it is right for me.

Once again, good luck and best to you all. I'll drop in on the forum in a few weeks and give an update. Cheers everyone..
bembem is offline   Met citaat antwoorden