Los bericht bekijken
Oud 7 april 2019, 07:17   #1757
Pandareus
Secretaris-Generaal VN

Standaard

Dit is zeer duidelijke taal :

Citaat:
Netanyahu: If I’m re-elected, I’ll extend sovereignty to West Bank settlements
PM says ‘I am going to apply Israeli sovereignty’ and ‘I don’t distinguish between settlement blocs and isolated settlements’; rules out Palestinian state as existential danger

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed on Saturday to extend Israeli sovereignty to the settlements of the West Bank if he is re-elected in Tuesday’s elections.

Flatly ruling out Palestinian statehood, which he said would “endanger our existence,” Netanyahu promised to permanently maintain overall Israeli security control in the West Bank and to formalize Israeli rule over the 400,000-plus Israeli Jews in the settlements. This would apply not only to major settlement blocs, but also to isolated settlements, he indicated.
Bank settlements, April 6, 2019 (Channel 12 news screenshot)

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu vowed on Saturday to extend Israeli sovereignty to the settlements of the West Bank if he is re-elected in Tuesday’s elections.

Flatly ruling out Palestinian statehood, which he said would “endanger our existence,” Netanyahu promised to permanently maintain overall Israeli security control in the West Bank and to formalize Israeli rule over the 400,000-plus Israeli Jews in the settlements. This would apply not only to major settlement blocs, but also to isolated settlements, he indicated.

Asked in a Channel 12 interview why he hadn’t already extended Israeli law to the settlements or annexed them, he initially replied, “Who says we won’t do that? We’re on the way…. The next term will be fateful.”

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email and never miss our top stories
Free Sign Up

Pushed further, he specified, “We’ll go to the next stage.”

“I am going to apply Israeli sovereignty, but I don’t distinguish between settlement blocs and isolated settlements. From my perspective, each of those settlement points is Israeli. We have responsibility [for them] as the government of Israel. I don’t uproot any, and I won’t transfer them to the sovereignty of the Palestinians. I take care of them all.”
bron: https://www.timesofisrael.com/netany...k-settlements/

Dit is een game changer, de anders eeuwige twijfelaar Netanyahu neemt hier een positie in die het spel duidelijk maakt.

Laatst gewijzigd door Pandareus : 7 april 2019 om 07:22.
Pandareus is offline   Met citaat antwoorden