Los bericht bekijken
Oud 28 september 2017, 11:08   #130
vanderzapig
Europees Commissaris

vanderzapig's schermafbeelding

Standaard

Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Dadeemelee Bekijk bericht
Neeneen, het ging erover dat hij ruzie gemaakt had met het moslimvriendje van (waarschijnlijk) een studente.
In die opname legt hij duidelijk uit wat hij wel zei, wat hij niet zei, en in welke context dat gebeurde.

Het ging niet om ruzie maar om enkele heldere waarheden over de islam. Genoeg om de gemiddelde SJW de gordijnen in te jagen, dus ook die professor.

Die "ruzie" verzin je er zelf bij als tegenargument. Dat is een klassieke denkfout die je wel meer maakt, en je bent niet de enige.

Wanneer mensen geconfronteerd worden met nieuwe informatie die niet in hun straatje past, zuigen velen ter plekke gauw wat fictieve "informatie" uit hun duim. Het compromis tussen de twee komt dan "toevallig" overeen met de manier hoe zij de wereld zien.

Transcript van een relevante passage uit het opgenomen gesprek:

Citaat:
EVE BROWNING: You don’t recall the topic of a Muslim fiance ever coming up?

ALFRED MACDONALD: That yes, but I was responding specifically to number four. Number five was: I said that I was bothered that I could be killed in ten Muslim countries. I’m bisexual. So they’d definitely do that in the ten countries where I would be -- you know.

EVE BROWNING: Doesn’t that strike you as an inappropriate thing to say about someone’s fiance?

ALFRED MACDONALD: I wasn’t talking about the fiance. The fiance could have whatever interpretation of the religion that they want. I said something like … (thinking) that I … yeah it wasn’t about the fiance, it was about the religious practices in those countries.

EVE BROWNING: How is it appropriate to bring that up in connection with someone’s fiance?

ALFRED MACDONALD: They brought it up. The Islam part.

EVE BROWNING: And you brought up the threat to your life as posed by this fiance?

ALFRED MACDONALD: No. We got to the subject of Islam, not the fiance.

EVE BROWNING: Do you understand how someone would find that offensive?

ALFRED MACDONALD: How someone would FIND that offensive, yeah; how they could perceive it, yeah; yeah, I mean, if I…

EVE BROWNING: It’s a confusing comment to me because Muslims do not all live in countries in which bisexuals are executed. Muslims live in the United States--

ALFRED MACDONALD: Sure.

EVE BROWNING: --Muslims live in France, Muslims live in every country in the world -- it’s the fastest growing world religion.

ALFRED MACDONALD: Yeah, one of my good friends at the university is Muslim.

EVE BROWNING: And do you tell him that you object to his religion because there are places on earth where gay, lesbian and bisexual people are discriminated against, including your own country?

ALFRED MACDONALD: Well, “her.” And my verbiage was “killed” not “discriminated against.” I mean, Death penalty’s pretty severe.

EVE BROWNING: What does that have to do with her being engaged to a Muslim?

ALFRED MACDONALD: Nothing. I wasn’t talking about the engagement to the Muslim. I was talking about Islam in that particular moment.

EVE BROWNING: Well, let me just say that kind of thing is not going to be tolerated in our department. We’re not going to tolerate graduate students trying to make other graduate students feel terrible for our emotional attachments.

ALFRED MACDONALD: Um… all right.

EVE BROWNING: And, if you don’t understand why that is, I can explain fully, or I can refer you to the Behavior Intervention Team on our campus which consists of a counselor, faculty member, and person from student affairs who are trained on talking to people about what’s appropriate or what isn’t.

ALFRED MACDONALD: I just won’t bring anything up about Islam again. That’s pretty simple. Although I’m not sure what you mean by... so I’ve read the student handbook pretty th--well not pretty thoroughly, but I’ve read it at least twice, and what do you mean by “it won’t be tolerated?” Like I’ll be straight up prevented from registering? Or the team that you mention, the behavior intervention team, they’re going to do something or… what exactly is the penalty for breaking that assuming that I’m in some other situation where I say something that someone else finds offensive and you...

EVE BROWNING: We’d put it either before the behavior intervention team or the student conduct board and ask them to make a recommendation.

ALFRED MACDONALD: Ask them to make a recommendation? What does that mean?

EVE BROWNING: Whether they would refer you for counseling; whether they would recommend that you be academically dismissed; they would assess the damage. They would probably try to speak to the students who are complaining and the faculty that are complaining and make a recommendation. In any case…

ALFRED MACDONALD: And this is over… I thought that UTSA was a public university with first amendment protections? So I could be dismissed for stuff like that? Just…

EVE BROWNING: Making derogatory comments? Yes.
Volledig transcript:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...x0OtspmTAI/pub

De volledige opname heeft hij moeten off-line halen na een privacy klacht:
https://www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAct...th_of/dmmnl9o/
vanderzapig is offline   Met citaat antwoorden