Los bericht bekijken
Oud 25 maart 2024, 23:35   #50197
Bach
Perm. Vertegenwoordiger VN

Bach's schermafbeelding

Standaard

Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Anselmo Bekijk bericht
Nogmaals een bewijs dat de NATO of het Westen geen plannen had om Rusland aan te vallen en "kapot" te maken zoals de poetintrollen steeds beweren. Zonder degelijke munitievoorraad hoeft men aan zoiets niet te beginnen.
Als ik berichten zoals dit tegen kom vraag ik me af of u oorzaak en gevolg niet door elkaar aan het halen bent:

Citaat:
Deep Thoughts by J Asbery

Let us correct a stupid narrative in this war after my commentary on the BBC filmmaker buying into one of the great myths of this war.

Last month I was watching Poland's Centre For Eastern Studies documentary on the State of Russia in 2024. Normally I dismiss Polish and Baltic views on this war as they are so distorted, but this piece was not the usual ravings of a lunatic. It highlighted one of the great myths in this war that has always bothered me, comparative manpower and the myth of the Russian horde fighting the small Ukrainian military. A propaganda myth that uses old tropes of Soviet hordes, disregard for life or strategy, and an attempt by the west to bill this conflict as a great underdog story. All in an attempt to create a false narrative that Ukraine can win. The myth has always been nonsense, when in reality a smaller better trained and equipped Russian force has been fighting a Ukrainian horde.

2022: Russian Force Size: ~150,000 (Other estimates 100K to 190K) Ukraine Force Size: 200,000 (Others note 311K-361K)

2022 Summer: Russian Force Size: ~150,000 Ukraine Force: 1,000,000
Flanks are poorly defended by 1,500 low quality troops leading to Kharkiv counteroffensive and HIMARS leads to supply lines putting Russia at a disadvantage leading to Kherson withdrawal

2022 YE: Russian Force Size: ~450,000 Ukraine Force: 1,000,000
Autumn 2022 Russia calls up 300,000 troops

2023 YE: Russian Force Size: 500,000 (Ukraine's estimate) - 617,000 (Putin's stated number) Ukraine Force Size: 880,000 (Polish estimate) - 1,000,000 (Zelensky's Claim)
Russia MoD draws a mass number of volunteers while Ukraine's volunteer pool has dried up

While we can debate numbers, what the documentary gets right is this war has always been superior Russian firepower versus Ukrainian superior troop numbers. When Ukraine had a 5 to 6:1 manpower advantage it had some success, but as soon as it even got 2:1 Ukraine is stopped dead in their tracks and Russia begins to push back. Now we've reached a phase in the war where Ukraine struggles to conscript men, while as the leaked French Defence documents note, Russia gets ample volunteers each month.

@Slavyangrad
Wie weet he?
Bach is offline   Met citaat antwoorden