Oud 24 december 2012, 01:12   #22
Frailty
Partijlid

Frailty's schermafbeelding

Standaard

De meningen in de islam wereld zijn kennelijk divers over dit onderwerp:

------
Respected grand mufti of Egypt,

Me and my brother are in a difficult situation and we need a immediate consultation and your respected opinion on this matter which we can act upon insha\' Allah. So I humbly ask you to please help us.
I\'m feeling very distressed because I wouldn't like to leave my mother alone (she doesn\'t have her family here to spend the christmas with her) and she invited me and my brother over to spend this day with her, I know she wants our company. She is respectful to us and serves us only halaal meat when we visit her for dinners and she greets us on our Eids. Since my parents divorced she has left Islam, may Allah guide her to the right path again, and my intention is not to celebrate but rather my intention is to keep a bond with my mother and I wish to soften her heart towards Islam by showing her that I've not given up on her and the good adab of muslims insha' Allah. Even if non-muslim, she is my mother and I\'m afraid of Allah if I broke her heart, and left her alone and hurt in this time of year. Which may give her a negative impression of the muslim character.

And on the other hand, converts and muslim who a part of their family are non-muslims have to deal with a lot of opinions deeming this and prohibiting us from visiting our family in these times, some even goes as far as saying it\'s shirk and that such an act would be like leaving Islam. May Allah proctect us from such a thing! Allah (swt) knows our intentions that insha' Allah are pure and free from what they accuse us for.

What is your respected opinion in the case of me and my brother?

There's only a few days left now and please, we are truly in need of your advice. May Allah reward your for your help!
Jazakum Allahu khayran

http://www.ali-gomaa.com/?page=fatwas&fatwa_details=346
--------
Frailty is offline   Met citaat antwoorden