Los bericht bekijken
Oud 15 maart 2003, 16:10   #54
Darwin
Banneling

Darwin's schermafbeelding

Standaard

Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Jean Pierre van Rossem
Arme jongen die hier poneert dat Jürgen Habermas vergif is. Ook aan de KUL gestudeerd, ja? Habermas is een denkreus van het niveau van Kant. Met zijn allen zijn wij maar muggen aan zijn grote olifantspoot. Ik wil wel eens zien hoe de reus Pat hem onderuithaalt. Ik scherp nu al mijn pen. Want ik heb een hekel aan stompzin die gratuit wordt neergepoot zonder de geringste argumentatie.

JPVR
Ik heb eens een even Kantometrische studie verricht en dit was het resultaat :

I. Biography

•born in 1724 to a poor family in Königsberg; mother was a devout Pietist
•1755-1770: private lecturer at University of Königsberg; twice denied professorship
--Kant at age 42: "I have the fortune to be a lover of metaphysics; but my mistress has shown me few favors as yet."
•1770: named professor of logic and metaphysics at University of Königsberg
•lifelong bachelor (twice considered proposing marriage, but thought it over for so long that one woman married someone else; the other moved away), modest, physically frail, 5 feet tall. Regular habits: the "philosopher's walk" at 3:30 p.m. every day.
•1775: read translation of David Hume's works--shocked by Hume's skepticism
•1781: published The Critique of Pure Reason: "a detailed biology of thought, an examination of the origin and evolution of concepts, an analysis of the inherited structure of the mind" (Will Durant, The Story of Philosophy (1926), 202.)
•1789: thrilled by the French Revolution: "Now I can say like Simeon, 'Lord, let now Thy servant depart in peace; for mine eyes have seen Thy salvation.'"
•1794: rebuked and threatened by King Frederick William II for undermining and destroying "many of the most important and fundamental doctrines of the Holy Scripture and Christianity."
•1804: dies in Königsberg

Niet zo indrukwekkend voor een reus.

Darwin is offline   Met citaat antwoorden