Los bericht bekijken
Oud 4 juli 2017, 23:09   #62
parcifal
Banneling

parcifal's schermafbeelding

Standaard

Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door morte-vivante Bekijk bericht
zou het kunnen dat "men" het water aan het testen is met deze ransomeware-aanvallen, en dat het gewoon afwachten is op het echte werk. Met echt desastreuze gevolgen voor infrastructuur, mensen, en de samenleving in zijn geheel
Een russische trojan horse verkleed als kwakkelende ransomware, dat is waar we vorige week blijkbaar tegenaan zijn gebotst, een cyberwapen van een staat tegen een andere dus met alle colateral damage die erbij hoort.

Dit is een russische versie van 'Stuxnet', maar het doelwit was dit keer geen iraanse centrifuges maar wel : de reputatie en de werking van Oekraiense bedrijven en overheid EN hun buitenlandse partners.

De vraag is : is dit een oorlogsdaad of niet?
Natuurlijk is er obfuscatie mogelijk van hier tot in Moskou en terug, dat is part of the package.

http://www.bbc.com/future/story/2017...ippled-ukraine

Citaat:
“There's still a lot to wait for before I feel good about attribution,” said Nichols on 28 June, “but I'm fairly confident the combination of crappy ransomware with government mandated software suggests that the purpose wasn't financial.”

Woods agreed. “I'm less convinced that this is actual ransomware, it looks disguised as clumsy ransomware,” he said.

Later that day, Russia-based Kaspersky Labs and well known cybersecurity expert Matt Suiche both concluded in heavily circulated blog posts that the appearance of ransomware was a disguise, verifying what Derevianko from ISSP had told BBC Future the day before.

“Our analysis indicates the main purpose of the attack was not financial gain but widespread destruction,” a Kaspersky spokesperson said. In other words, the aim was to create chaos, attacking Ukranian digital infrastructure, making it harder for businesses to operate and crippling government services.
Citaat:
In over 25 interviews BBC Future conducted during the week after the attack, cybersecurity experts seemed to come to a consensus about two things. First, this attack was not about the money, and secondly, it was targeted against Ukraine.

And these two conclusions produced a bevy of other questions within the community.

For starters, does the seemingly intentionally destructive nature of the attack constitute the use of a cyberweapon? For some, like Magee, it very obviously did. “I don’t think you can call it anything else. I think it’s the equivalent of a test, and I think someone is building and testing an arsenal, wrapping them as ransomware, and distracting people from what’s really going on.”
parcifal is offline   Met citaat antwoorden