Politics.be Registreren kan je hier.
Problemen met registreren of reageren op de berichten?
Een verloren wachtwoord?
Gelieve een mail te zenden naar [email protected] met vermelding van je gebruikersnaam.

Ga terug   Politics.be > Debatclub > Geschiedenis
Registreer FAQForumreglement Ledenlijst

Geschiedenis Van de Romeinen tot 9/11...

Antwoord

Discussietools
Oud 31 mei 2021, 23:51   #1
dewanand
Minister-President

dewanand's schermafbeelding

Standaard 'Black Wall Street' Before, During and After the Tulsa Race Massacre: may 1921 USA

ja, ik weet helaas niet alles maar dit wist ik al jaren geleden en het zal zich herhalen. Geschiedenis, genocides, Holocaust, rassen oorlogen zijn cyclische dingen en nu pas besef ik dat het 100 % Natuurlijk gedrag moet zijn van onze mensapensoort, omdat dit bij alle primaten, zoogdieren en aapsoorten voorkomt. OORLOGEN zijn natuurlijke processen en helaas NOODZAKELIJk.

WE ARE DOOMED on spaceship Earth, flying through space with a speed of around 30.000 km/hr.

------------------------ 100 % citaten media

May 24, 2021

'Black Wall Street' Before, During and After the Tulsa Race Massacre: PHOTOS
Historic images of Tulsa, Oklahoma's Greenwood district reveal how the 1921 mob attack devastated the nation's Black cultural and economic mecca.

Missy Sullivan

Oklahoma Historical Society/Getty Images

At the turn of the 20th century, African Americans founded and developed the Greenwood district in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Built on what had formerly been Indian Territory, the community grew and flourished as a Black economic and cultural mecca—until May 31, 1921.

That's when a white mob began a rampage through some 35 square blocks, decimating the community known proudly as "Black Wall Street." Armed rioters, many deputized by local police, looted and burned down businesses, homes, schools, churches, a hospital, hotel, public library, newspaper offices and more. While the official death toll of the Tulsa race massacre was 36, historians estimate it may have been as high as 300. As many as 10,000 people were left homeless.

The incident stands as one most horrific acts of racial violence, and domestic terrorism, ever committed on American soil.

WATCH: Tulsa Burning: The 1921 Race Massacre, premiering Sunday, May 30 at 8/7c on The HISTORY® Channel.

In May 2021, 100 years after the massacre, 107-year-old Viola Fletcher testified before Congress: “On May 31, of ‘21, I went to bed in my family’s home in Greenwood," she recounted. “The neighborhood I fell asleep in that night was rich, not just in terms of wealth, but in culture…and heritage. My family had a beautiful home. We had great neighbors. I had friends to play with. I felt safe. I had everything a child could need. I had a bright future.”

Then, she said, came the murderous rampage, still vivid in her mind 100 years later: “I still see Black men being shot, Black bodies lying in the street. I still smell smoke and see fire. I still see Black businesses being burned. I still hear airplanes flying overhead. I hear the screams."

https://www.history.com/news/tulsa-m...tory-2021-0531

http://www.dewanand.com
dewanand is offline   Met citaat antwoorden
Antwoord

Regels voor berichten
Je mag niet nieuwe discussies starten
Je mag niet reageren op berichten
Je mag niet bijlagen versturen
Je mag niet jouw berichten bewerken

vB-code is Aan
Smileys zijn Aan
[IMG]-code is Aan
HTML-code is Uit
Forumnavigatie

Alle tijden zijn GMT +1. Het is nu 21:25.

Forumsoftware: vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content copyright ©2002 - 2020, Politics.be