Politics.be Registreren kan je hier.
Problemen met registreren of reageren op de berichten?
Een verloren wachtwoord?
Gelieve een mail te zenden naar [email protected] met vermelding van je gebruikersnaam.

Ga terug   Politics.be > Themafora > Maatschappij en samenleving
Registreer FAQForumreglement Ledenlijst

Maatschappij en samenleving Dit subforum handelt over zaken die leven binnen de maatschappij en in die zin politiek relevant (geworden) zijn.

Antwoord

Discussietools
Oud 21 mei 2006, 22:12   #661
Percalion
Perm. Vertegenwoordiger VN

Percalion's schermafbeelding

Standaard

Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Desiderius Bekijk bericht
Ik heb destijds nog vlammende ruzie gehad met Van Dun... Don't like the guy; veel te veel filosoof naar mijn goesting. Maar dat is mijn probleem (ik geef toe: met een persoonlijke ondertoon).
Ha, jamaar, zo niet hé! We moeten allemaal samenwerken aan Het Libertarische Project
Oud 21 mei 2006, 22:25   #662
Desiderius
Minister-President

Desiderius's schermafbeelding

Standaard

Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Percalion Bekijk bericht
Ha, jamaar, zo niet hé! We moeten allemaal samenwerken aan Het Libertarische Project
Rechtseconomen zijn rare kwieten, Percalion. Het zout der aarde; ge moet er geduld mee hebben...

Desiderius is offline   Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 21 mei 2006, 22:31   #663
lombas
Secretaris-Generaal VN

lombas's schermafbeelding

Standaard

Ondertussen heeft Casca drie antwoorden gekregen op de vraag. We mogen fier zijn: ons mechanisme werkt uitstekend.
Oud 21 mei 2006, 22:42   #664
lombas
Secretaris-Generaal VN

Standaard

Ondertussen een interessant artikel dat boekdelen spreekt en ons hart verwoordt, enfin, dat van Desiderius, Percalion, Turkje (hoop ik) en mij, in Capitalist Magazine:

The Little Dictators
by John Lewis (May 21, 2006)

America is the land in which productive individuals were largely set free of the coercive power of the government. The result was the most prosperous nation the world has ever seen. But, over the past two generations, our freedom has been subordinated, in myriad ways, to the "Little Dictators" among us. The language of despotism is proper to them, for they wield the force of the government and demand obedience to their commands. To disobey them is to risk loss of career, property, and even life.

Who are the Little Dictators? Here are some real examples I have known; you can probably think of others. The local building inspector is one; he decides whether I can live year-round in the cottage I bought. Others include the fire inspector who decides whether a small day-care center—barely able to stay open—has to spend $10,000 for a fire door to cover a residential-type kitchen stove; the planning commission that decides whether I can build a house on my lot; the bureaucrat who collects money for permission to drive a car; the health inspector who says he is not sure whether he will allow a house to be built in this part of town; the zoning board that decides a restaurant is OK on this lot, but not on that one.

Their names are friendly; their power immense. One I knew, "Jim," had final say over whether a 42-story office building in a major city could open. Another, "Marty," said he did not care that his failure to read a blueprint had cost a small business $10,000—"that don't matter" were his words. Another, an inspector named "CJ" (the initials have been changed to protect his victims) was asked whether building requirements had changed "in his town"; he said, "I haven't decided. I'll let you know." Another, "Frank," showed up smelly and unshaven at the final inspection of a new high-tech manufacturing plant, and delayed its opening for three days pending a test of the fire alarm system's batteries.

Some personalize everything. "I ain't gonna allow it," I heard one decree, as he told a contractor to tear down a stone chimney and start over because the hearth was an inch too narrow. Another told me, "I ain't lettin' no more cottages be converted to year-round use. There's too many now," as he slapped a red tag on my neighbor's door. Once I was doing a project at a very remote site, which took hours to get to, including a boat trip. An offical said, to my face, that he'd require our technicians to return as often as he saw fit: "Not everyone can work in my town." Another made similar demands at a major state university; his son was our competitor, and had lost the bid.

These Little Dictators have the power of government guns to enforce their decisions. To avoid their wrath, a productive individual must suppress his rational judgment, and go by the rules they enforce. They are enemies of independent thought and comrades of conformity. Their whims and their rules coercively substitute for reality in the minds of their victims.

Americans should be up in arms about this tyranny in their midst. But they are not. Many have come to see the world as the Little Dictators wish it to be. Without the security of their decrees, many people would feel dread at the thought of making their own decisions. But this is dictatorship—the dictatorship of petty bureaucrats for sure, but dictatorship nonetheless—and it is growing by leaps and bounds. When Americans regain their understanding of liberty, they will feel a proper sense of outrage against these tin-badge despots, and the legislatures that empower them. But, first they must regain that understanding.

Laatst gewijzigd door lombas : 21 mei 2006 om 22:43.
lombas is offline   Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 21 mei 2006, 23:08   #665
lombas
Secretaris-Generaal VN

Standaard

En ook: http://www.lp.org/flash/removal.html
lombas is offline   Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 22 mei 2006, 00:51   #666
carlgustaaf
Banneling

carlgustaaf's schermafbeelding

Standaard

Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door StevenNr1 Bekijk bericht
Van waar komt u onderschrift? Vrij grappig eigenlijk
er zijn er eerder 5 miljoen weggegaan naar Amerika onderandere
carlgustaaf is offline   Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 26 augustus 2007, 15:56   #667
duncan
Banneling

Standaard

JOEPIIIII meer brood voor mij want ik heb honger
duncan is offline   Met citaat antwoorden
Antwoord

Regels voor berichten
Je mag niet nieuwe discussies starten
Je mag niet reageren op berichten
Je mag niet bijlagen versturen
Je mag niet jouw berichten bewerken

vB-code is Aan
Smileys zijn Aan
[IMG]-code is Aan
HTML-code is Uit
Forumnavigatie

Alle tijden zijn GMT +1. Het is nu 08:43.

Forumsoftware: vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content copyright ©2002 - 2020, Politics.be