Politics.be Registreren kan je hier.
Problemen met registreren of reageren op de berichten?
Een verloren wachtwoord?
Gelieve een mail te zenden naar [email protected] met vermelding van je gebruikersnaam.

Ga terug   Politics.be > Algemeen > Buitenland
Registreer FAQForumreglement Ledenlijst

Buitenland Internationale onderwerpen, de politiek van de Europese lidstaten, over de werking van Europa, Europese instellingen, ... politieke en maatschappelijke discussies.

Antwoord

Discussietools
Oud 8 oktober 2007, 14:22   #1
baseballpolitieker
Perm. Vertegenwoordiger VN

baseballpolitieker's schermafbeelding

Stuur een bericht via MSN naar baseballpolitieker
Standaard Nieuwe generatie corrupte politiekers zal planeet overspoelen!

Citaat:
Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door BBC NEWS
Democracy in a Chinese classroom

Thousands of years of life under a feudal system in China have fostered a culture where official power and authority have seldom been checked.

Once one has the power, then one has everything, and so the whole nation would like to be government bureaucrats. For example, 60% of China's college graduates choose government as their ideal career. Chinese government officials are not civil servants in the Western sense, rather they are the people who possess real power. Against this backdrop, I decided to film a class of eight-year-old schoolchildren in my home city of Wuhan as they went through the process of electing a class monitor. It was the first time that the post had not been the gift of the teacher and it was the children's first taste of democracy. It turned out to be a cut-throat competition.

Wrong-footing rivals

The class monitor is charged with maintaining order in the classroom when the teacher is out of the room and is expected to report any rule breaking to the teacher. The three candidates were all thoroughly determined to win this prized position of power, and they used a variety of tactics to try to achieve their ambition. Little Cheng Cheng was astonishing, very conniving. In fact they were all quite strategic in their campaigns. They had to undertake several tasks to impress their classmates, such as performing a musical "turn" in front of the class, making speeches and taking part in debates where they had to point out each other's faults. Every step of the way they were forcefully supported and guided by their parents, who behaved almost like political advisers. Cheng Cheng, whose ultimate ambition was to be president of China, wanted to be class monitor because, he said: "You can order people around." He was coached by his parents in speechmaking, singing, and wrong-footing his rivals.

Lone parent

Luo Lei had already been a class monitor for two years. When asked whether he wanted the help of his parents in securing his classmates' votes, he said: "No, I will rely on my own strength. "I don't want to control others. People should think for themselves." But soon his parents were helping him with techniques and tricks he could use to make himself popular with the class.
Xu Xiaofei, the only girl candidate, was reluctant at first to try to sell herself to the class, but her mother trained her to make speeches and tried very hard to build up her confidence. But, as a lone parent, she felt she was at a disadvantage: "I told her I couldn't help very much. She doesn't have a normal family with a father and mother. I can't help her the way Luo Lei's parents help him." It is also important to understand that China's Family Plan policy of "one couple, one child" has led to a situation where children find there is too much hope from parents and grandparents pressing on their weak shoulders. Personally, I do not think we have prepared people properly in how to be parents with only one child. It is a big problem.

Democracy in action

Every child or "small sun" has his parents caring for him and influencing him. His family all expect him to be a success in society, even though he is so young.There is no world of childhood in China. Luo Lei's parents were able to help his campaign by taking the class for a trip on the modern monorail system - which is managed by his father's police department - and by giving him gifts to hand out after his final speech. But the "small suns" also had some tricks of their own. Cheng Cheng ensured that his classmates shouted down Xu Xiaofei before she had even started to speak, and she found it difficult to recover. The next day he told her it had all been Luo Lei's doing, and then proceeded to boo Luo-Lei off the stage. Later, in a debate in front of the class, he accused him of being a dictator who had beaten his classmates while he had been child monitor. Luo Lei replied that even parents beat their children and added: "Do you think it's for no reason? It's because they did something wrong. If my method is wrong, I'll change it." In the end, although the class agreed that Luo Lei had been very strict with them, they elected him in a secret ballot. I believe the children's joy and sorrow throughout the election, their winning and losing, truly reflect the tough yet hopeful democratisation process in China.

BBC NEWS: Democracy in a Chinese classroom
Leuke boel daar ginds in het verre Oosten! Onder het mom van de democratie een generatie creëren die alles doet voor geld en macht, slim gezien van de leiders. Maar ja, voor de ontwikkeling is het beter iets slecht doen dan helemaal niets doen.

Het volk dient de stem van de partijen te zijn, en de partijen niet de stem van het volk!
De nieuwe Vlaamse Partij! Vrij Vlaanderen
of neem eens een kijkje op ons geüpdate forum:Forum Vrij Vlaanderen

Laatst gewijzigd door baseballpolitieker : 8 oktober 2007 om 14:39.
baseballpolitieker is offline   Met citaat antwoorden
Oud 8 oktober 2007, 14:33   #2
Bovenbuur
Perm. Vertegenwoordiger VN

Bovenbuur's schermafbeelding

Standaard

Een tsunami van politikisering?
Antwoord

Regels voor berichten
Je mag niet nieuwe discussies starten
Je mag niet reageren op berichten
Je mag niet bijlagen versturen
Je mag niet jouw berichten bewerken

vB-code is Aan
Smileys zijn Aan
[IMG]-code is Aan
HTML-code is Uit
Forumnavigatie

Alle tijden zijn GMT +1. Het is nu 12:01.

Forumsoftware: vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content copyright ©2002 - 2020, Politics.be